From walking in the early days of humanity, modern technologies have brought us a variety of ways to move from A to Z. Transportation is becoming more convenient, faster, and easier now than ever before. Let’s take a look at the following 33 transport quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Transport Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which international organisation represents 290 airlines, mostly carriers, in 117 countries around the world?
2. In the adventure novel “Around the World in Eighty Days” by Jules Verne, how does Phileas Fogg travel around the world?
A. By plane
B. By hot air balloon
C. By train and ship
3. What is the nickname for the underground railway system in London?
A. The Tube
B. The Ground
C. The Under
4. In which city can tourists and local people move in flat-bottomed rowing boats called gondolas?
5. As of 2021, the longest nonstop flight in the world was operated by Singapore Airlines from Singapore to which city?
A. New York
B. Los Angeles
6. Which of the following is NOT a car-sharing service?
7. Which of the following cities is known as one of the most bike-friendly cities in the world?
8. One of the most iconic symbols in London is double-decker buses in which colour?
9. What is the longest motorway in the United Kingdom with a distance of 236 miles (379 kilometres)?
10. Which car brand is mostly associated with James Bond, also known as Agent 007?
B. Aston Martin
11. In 2020, what is the busiest port in the world that handles up to 43.5 million TEUs of cargo volume?
12. In 2021, what is the busiest airport in the world with more than 75 million passengers?
A. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
B. Istanbul Airport
C. Singapore Changi Airport
13. In Greenland and many regions in North America and Russia, which animal is used to pull sleds over ice or snow?
14. What is the name of the long-distance passenger train that run between continental Europe and western Asia from 1883 to 2009?
A. Trans-Siberian Express
B. Eastern and Oriental Express
C. Orient Express
15. Which canal connects the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean?
A. Suez Canal
B. Corinth Canal
C. Panama Canal
16. Which type of ship is used to transport gases or liquids, such as chemicals or oil?
C. Container ships
17. Which brothers invented and flew the first successful motor-operated aeroplane in the world in 1912?
A. Wright brothers
B. Bohr brothers
C. Grimm brothers
18. On 15 April 1912, what caused the passenger liner Titanic to sink in the Atlantic Ocean?
A. A big fire
B. Striking an iceberg
C. A collision with another ship
19. The Hennessey Venom GT is the fastest car in the world. What is the maximum speed that it can reach?
A. 435.3 km/h
B. 562.9 km/h
C. 641.7 km/h
20. On 10 December 1868, the first traffic light in the world was installed at which place in London?
A. Buckingham Palace
B. Hyde Park
C. Parliament Square
21. The Shinkansen, also known as the bullet train, is a network of high-speed railway lines in which country?
B. South Korea
22. What is the main mode of transport for goods around the globe?
A. By sea
B. By rail
C. By road
23. How many cars can be carried by the Antonov AN-225 transporter, which is the biggest plane in the world?
24. Who manufactured the first-ever mass-produced car?
A. Henry Ford
B. Caractacus Potts
C. Karl Benz
25. Which type of power is mainly used in most modern metro railways?
26. The first underground railway was built in which city in 1863?
A. New York
27. Which company was established by Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos, with the aim of making it more reliable and cheaper to travel to space?
A. Blue Origin
B. The Boring Company
28. Hot air balloons were originally invented in which country as a convenient form of transportation?
29. Which type of railway is used to transport people up steep hills?
A. Elevated railway
B. Funicular railway
C. Rack railway
30. In Havana, Cuba, you can see autorickshaws in the shape of which fruits?
31. Approximately how many hours does it take to fly from Florida to London?
A. 5 hours
B. 8 hours
C. 11 hours
32. Which distance is longer: 1.8 kilometres or 1 mile?
A. 1.8 kilometres
B. 1 mile
C. They are equal
33. As of 2021, what is the largest commercial aeroplane manufacturer in the world?
B. Lockheed Martin
What do you think about these transport quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following car quiz.